Friday, October 2, 2015

T-29 Days and Counting

Well, maybe I should have considered a boat instead of a house.

This is pretty much all I have seen since Wednesday afternoon. We get little breaks when there is nothing but mist, but for the most part, we are getting torrential rain. It is my understanding we will get three months rain over the weekend. Flooding is going to be a serious issue. I am staying put.


I suspect if I were  to venture out tomorrow or Sunday, I'd see many signs like this on roads which are impassable. They are telling people if you don't need to go out, don't. I am listening. I'm not going to put myself in harms way. If I need something from the grocery store, I can walk. It is only 1/4 mile each  way and 1/4 mile back into the apartment complex each way. So, a mile round trip. No big deal. The thing which would prevent me from walking is this rain is so heavy I'd be soaked to the skin within a minute or two. Not my idea of fun.

Just packing and crocheting.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

October Already

 I'm not sure where the time has flown. June was an exiting month. July was a mess. I had a change of medication which caused me to gain...