Saturday, September 12, 2015

BHC Hit the Decatur Book Festival Running

Set up began at 8:30 Saturday morning. We ended up needing two extra tables. The first arrangement lasted about an  hour and we were setting up books again. The show opened at 10am. We were non-stop people until 6pm. I don't have any idea who else was at the show unless they were across from us. There was an elderly gentleman and his wife, he wrote about his pets. There was a group of three across from us who never left their chairs and they had someone running for drinks and food. My take from the poster I could see is someone had written about being in an abusive relationship. Next to us was BAS-BLUE who sell books and things for readers of books. They had an interesting little catalog. We passed out about 500 packets of trading cards for the authors who were there, Blue Harvest Creative (BHC) and the commemorative one for the book festival. We took stuff down at 6pm and returned it to our Headquarters. There was a chance of rain and no one wanted books destroyed.

The gang headed for dinner. I headed for my hotel. I had not felt good all day. I arrived back at the hotel by 8:30 and was fast asleep by 9pm. Big improvement over the night before.

Day two started about 9:30 with us putting together more trading card packets. We used all the trading cards we had. Set up started at 10:30 as we weren't supposed to open until noon. We could have opened at 11 there were that many people. Again we were busy all day. Autographs were put into our books as we sold them. Trading cards were handed out. Emerging authors were spoken to, trades people who sell books were talked to by 5pm people had started packing up and moving out. We remained until 6pm. We had people until 6pm.

At 3pm on Sunday we gave away a bag of books donated by the authors. Those there had signed their copies. We also gave away a 16GB Kindle Fire which we loaded with 10 of our ebook, the winner's choice.

As a group we sold 101 books. As an author I sold four books. I am pleased with the amount of books there I wasn't sure I'd sell any. I networked with more people than I can count. It was amazing.

We finished up eating dinner at the Iberian Pig. I highly recommend it if you are in the area.  I had the most amazing mac n cheese. It had chorizo sausage in it. It was the best I've ever had. I also sampled bacon  wrapped dates and eggplant chips. Also awesome. The flourless cake was heavenly. And the white sangria was just perfect. All in all a wonderful time.

The authors who went are a fun group. The red headed roadie is a keeper and our leaders at BHC are the best. I'm already looking forward to next year. Hope we see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

October Already

 I'm not sure where the time has flown. June was an exiting month. July was a mess. I had a change of medication which caused me to gain...