Sunday, August 2, 2015

Write Yourself Alive 30 Days of Writing




This writing program? should have come with an alert.


Day 2:
 All I can say is seriously? Over 500 people are doing this. How is anyone supposed to get contructive feeback? What about the people who give feedback and don't get any? This is really a bad idea. The person who thought of if has found a way to make money off people who want to write. What a scam.

My top three excuses for not writing
1.   Procrastination
2.   Motivation
3.   Procrastination
I can’t write a letter to the person I should have been. I don’t know who it is. I know who I am. I’m not unhappy with who I am or the road I’ve traveled.
Unfortunately the quote of the day does nothing for me.

Feeling very frustrated with this whole thing.

The procrastination is not so much being lazy as it is being overwhelmed. As always I have too much on my plate. Which is really nothing  new. Motivation is the lack of desire. 

I don't know who I was supposed to have been by this time in my life. I know who I am. I find it hard to write a letter so someone I don't know or have any idea who they might be, should be, could be. It's an exercise in futility. 

The daily quotes are in no way thougth provoking, inspirational, or controversial. I've done thoughts for the day with my students in middle school. They were meant to get the kids thinking, reacting, challenging, questioning. These don't do it. Which makes it hard to connect with them. 

I will continue on with this as I paid my $57. I am highly disappointed. It is NOT what it was advertised. More is the pity. It had the potential to be something good. Something which would generate ideas and make people sit up and take notice. Ugh, will work on my own program.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

October Already

 I'm not sure where the time has flown. June was an exiting month. July was a mess. I had a change of medication which caused me to gain...