Saturday, October 25, 2014

When Did You Start Writing?

The inevitable question comes up in interviews and book talks. I generally answer age ten or eleven. However I now have proof it started much earlier.


I was five when this photo was taken. For those too young to know, I'm at a typewriter...the original word processor. You had to have a special eraser to fix your mistakes. Strictly manual.

So, now I can tell people the idea of writing came to me before I started school. Although I must admit I probably could not have told you what a sentence was. I was well aware of books as my parents read to me from an early age.

Now the question has been answered.
TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

October Already

 I'm not sure where the time has flown. June was an exiting month. July was a mess. I had a change of medication which caused me to gain...