Saturday, July 26, 2014

New Writing Group


On July 10, 2014 I invited a few people to my house to see about forming a writing group. There were five of us. We spent time getting to know each other and talking about writing.  We each wrote two words and dropped them in a bucket. One was drawn and we were all to write something using the word 'avatar.' We arranged to meet again on July 24th giving us two weeks to brainstorm and come up with ideas.

I will share with you my writing on the word 'avatar.'
     "What are you choosing for an avatar?" Bobby asked.
     "I hate avatars," Billy complained. "Everyone lies with an avatar. They pretend to be someone they're not."
    "It's the way the game is played," was Bobby's exasperated response. "Call your avatar Billy if you want." Getting his autistic brother to play computer games was becoming more challenging with each new game. Once Billy started he beat everyone else playing.
    "Okay."
    Now came the process of picking an avatar and learning the new game. Bobby knew it could take an hour to get it right.

For our next meeting we are writing on 'What if....'
      What if you picked your partner (life, business, other) from a catalog or database?

If you are in the West Branch or Rose City area and are interested in writing or would like to join us. We are meeting on August 7th at 2pm. I'm hosting these meetings.

Those of you not in the area, feel free to leave your sample in the comment section. We'll share them and leave you comments. We do not plagarize.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

October Already

 I'm not sure where the time has flown. June was an exiting month. July was a mess. I had a change of medication which caused me to gain...