Thursday, February 6, 2014

365 Photos Day 37


One of the many things I love about South Carolina are the live oak. This is not just any live oak. This is Angel Oak. It is currently endangered. It is free to go and see. You cannot tell from this photo but there are props holding up some of the branches. You cannot climb on it. The tree is between 300 and 1500 years old depending on what reference guide you use. But it is not the only live oak of importance.


This is the wedding tree located at the Carolina Tea Plantation. Many weddings are held under the tree which is covered in Spanish moss. Not nearly as old as Angel Oak it draws many every year.

I love the live oak and the Spanish moss which gives the trees an eerie look after dark. They are fascinating.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

October Already

 I'm not sure where the time has flown. June was an exiting month. July was a mess. I had a change of medication which caused me to gain...