Tuesday, January 21, 2014

365 Photos Day 21


This is a photo from June, 2009. I love this photo.  It was the last time my daughter and I took a vacation together.

There is a story behind why we went to St. Thomas in the Virgin Islands. When she was about nine or ten, I applied for a teaching job there. I did not take the job there and Jamie always wondered what she missed.

If you look closely we are both very sunburned, me the worst. She missed snuba diving, but made up for it. We both had cornrows put in our hair, yep even in mine. We took the ferry to John's Island and almost became a meal for the mosquitoes. We ate flame broiled lobster at a neat little restaurant there. We spent our last day at Maegen's Bay....most beautiful beach every.

A gentleman in Iggie's beach bar took this photo for us.  Picky eater that I am I hated the food there, but we had a good time. Someday we will travel again...probably after her kids are grown.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

October Already

 I'm not sure where the time has flown. June was an exiting month. July was a mess. I had a change of medication which caused me to gain...