Friday, March 1, 2013

Birthdays



They arrive annually whether we want them to or not. This is my cake for one. Most of my birthdays are spent alone. Not that I care. I take myself to dinner and have a good book to read with my good food.
This morning, however, something special happened. There was a knock on the condo door and a delivery man was there.

He had the above package for me with a card from the night manager at the front desk. I have not seen her for a year. It was nice to be remembered. We had talked in the wee hours this morning because my computer service kicked off. 

I had tons of well wishes from friends and family. Those always brighten my day. Several people called. So, I am never really alone. I also got a text or two. 

I don't care how old I am anymore. Age is just a number. Some days I feel like I'm 102, other days I feel like I'm 17, and still others I feel like I'm where I should be. 

It was a great day. I walked on the beach. Met a woman staying in one of the villas. Took myself to dinner. Ordered chicken nachos and had enough to bring home for dinner tonight. Had a drink....hate that the bar feels they must water their drinks. I don't drink much and I know my limits. Bought the cake and a small ice cream on the way home. Nice peaceful evening. 

Thanks to all those who made an effort to wish me well.
TTFN

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to you! I enjoyed reading your post, and I look forward to reading more. You are on my RSS - Not sure what that means, but I guess I must be following your blog. May you have a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darlene, thank you. Glad to have you on board.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Rebecka. Your day actually sounds lovely. Hope you're enjoying South Carolina weather. I agree, the years don't matter anymore. It's just a matter of enjoying where you are.

    Hope
    www.chopeclark.com
    www.fundsforwriters.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Hope. It was a wonderful day. I love the low country and will be heading home to get my home ready for the market.
    Becky

    ReplyDelete

October Already

 I'm not sure where the time has flown. June was an exiting month. July was a mess. I had a change of medication which caused me to gain...