Saturday, February 23, 2013

Just Another Rainy Day


It only rains 73 days out of the year in South Carolina. I seemed to have forgotten that most of those days are in February. Today is a gloomy, overcast day here in paradise.  The temperature is a balmy 57. It would be a good day for running (in my case dancing ) in the rain, if I could find the energy and motivation. They seem to be lacking.

I have an afghan to finish. I have a book to get started on. I have a couple of phone calls to make. Both of those will get done here shortly. I could in general pick up around the condo, run the vacuum, and sweep the floor. No motivation.

I read part of a novel I'd started. It didn't work out as a  novel as, I didn't have enough knowledge to make it work right. I think I should look at it and take it a different way. It has great potential. Having read the first page at a book event on Wed. and getting feedback of don't leave us hanging. I think it needs another look. Even if it only becomes a short story.

I have an afghan to rip out and restart. It has not turned out the way I had hoped and I need to do something different with it. I have a Barbie doll outfit to finish. It has been years since I started it and I need to get busy and get it done. Don't know if I'll be making any more of those. I'm sure I have a couple of baby layettes that  need to be made, too. Just no motivation today.

Curling up on the sofa with a cup of hot tea and becoming an official "Couch Potato." Maybe I'll find motivation tomorrow.

TTFN

4 comments:

  1. Gloomy days are the worst and whole month of them would be awful. Here's hoping you get sunshine soon.

    I found you through the A-Z Challenge and look forward to reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya for Sunshine!!

    I nominated you for the Liebster Award over on my blog.
    = )
    Jai

    ReplyDelete

October Already

 I'm not sure where the time has flown. June was an exiting month. July was a mess. I had a change of medication which caused me to gain...