Saturday, November 17, 2012

The Smells of Baking

There is nothing better than the smell of home baked goods. I don't care if it's bread, cookies, pies, or cakes.  It is the smell of safety. My grandmother was always baking something. My mom used to bake, more than she does now. I love to bake, but baking for one is no fun.

I don't know if it's the mixture of spices or just the aroma of whatever is baking, it just means home. Holidays are a big time for baking. This year for the first time in a long time I want to bake. I want to make cookies, and banana bread. I wan to bake pies and anything else I that crosses my mind. Maybe even make fudge. Those who know me, know this is out of character, because I try to avoid baked goods.

But for today, I am thankful for the wonderful aromas of home baked goods.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

October Already

 I'm not sure where the time has flown. June was an exiting month. July was a mess. I had a change of medication which caused me to gain...