Saturday, November 10, 2012

New Friends and Inspiration

Last winter while wandering the beach at Kiawah Island I met the most amazing woman. Her name is Kathy Smith. We talked for a while and quickly became friends. She told me about a charity run by her son and I checked it out. I was so impressed I asked if I could become a sponsor. As a result I give 10% of my earnings on Cold Case: Sleeping Dogs Lie to Tanner's Totes.

I have held high hopes of seeing Kathy again this winter. I would love to get to know her better. Today I received an e-mail from her. She continues to amaze me. However I'm going to provide links to her son's blog so you will understand why.

http://www.tannersmyth.blogspot.com/2012/04/my-hero-my-father.html  You need to read this one first to understand something of what Tanner has grown up with.

Then you need to read this one for what is currently happening. http://www.tannersmyth.blogspot.com/2012/10/the-final-chapter.html


Kathy does not know if she and Craig will be able to make the trip to Kiawah this winter. I can understand why. This will be a long road for them. The one thing she told me in the e-mail today was not to feel sorry for them. I don't I am amazed at their resiliency. I admire the strength of the entire Smith family. I am proud to call Kathy a friend.

I am thankful for the inspiration they all are.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

October Already

 I'm not sure where the time has flown. June was an exiting month. July was a mess. I had a change of medication which caused me to gain...