Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Mom and Dad




Yes,  I am thankful for my parents. They have been together almost 60 years now. I have probably been their biggest trial. Still they love me unconditionally.

They told me the world was my oyster and I could be whatever I wanted to be. I wanted to be a writer. Knowing that I had chosen one of the hardest industries to make it in, they still encouraged me. They also told me I needed a back-up in case writing didn't work out for me.

They put me through college where I became a teacher. They stood by me when I chose to raise my daughter alone. They helped me get started in graduate school and when I finally got that coveted teaching position, they bought a house for me to live in. I later was able to purchase it from them.

Without them, I wouldn't be the person I am today. They have instilled in me the belief that you choose your friends for who they are not what they have.  That I should always treat others as I want to be treated.

Even when I falter on the path I've chosen, they stand behind me. They may not always agree with my decisions and I'm sure they've questioned my sanity over the years. But they never give up on me. They know I'm a work in progress.

Love you, Mom and Dad.
TTFN

2 comments:

  1. A lovely ongoing tribute to your parents. Mine haven't always agreed with my decisions but have usually come round in the end and supported me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to know someone else has parents who support them.

    ReplyDelete

October Already

 I'm not sure where the time has flown. June was an exiting month. July was a mess. I had a change of medication which caused me to gain...