Saturday, April 21, 2012

T is for Tenacity


Tenacity is something every writer needs. People who are successful have tenacity. They hang on to their belief in themselves and their abilities. I know I have this trait.

I was twelve when I set upon my journey of being a writer. It took me twelve years to put together enough poetry to create a book. Only a Start was a labor of love and a journey that began with my early writing. I only had fifty copies and most of them were given away. It took nudging from friends, family, and colleagues to actually republish the book and when I did I added a second section of my writing and retitled the book Only a Start and Beyond. It's a good book if you want to look at my growth as a writer.

I stuck with it. I read every book I could find on writing. I even self-published four more books before finally finding a small publishing house that wanted to take me on. It's that dig inside and hang on ability that keeps me striving to make my work better and better.

Are you tenacious?

TTFN

4 comments:

  1. I am when it comes to writing, but it's definitely not my nature. I have to really push myself.
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rebecka - What a wonderful "T" post - very inspiring and uplifting - goes to show that with a little tenacity one can accomplish their dreams, as you have!

    Jenny @ Pearson Report
    Co-Host of the Blogging from A to Z Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can be tenacious - to the point of driving people nuts! :-) I have a Liebster blog award for you if you'd like to accept it! Thank you for following! Here's the link Flash Fiction Liebster Blog Award

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Stopping by from the A-Z Challenge and happy to be a new follower. A writer friend of mine recently quipped about me that my middle name must be "tenacious." I emailed her back saying it wasn't my middle name, it was my first name. ;)

    ReplyDelete

October Already

 I'm not sure where the time has flown. June was an exiting month. July was a mess. I had a change of medication which caused me to gain...