Tuesday, March 20, 2012

I Think I Should Be Blogging

I seem to have been neglecting my blog lately. Could it be the wonderful weather? Possibly the afternoons spent reading on the beach? Actually getting thoroughly drenched in the ocean? It is all of the above. However my days are not all fun and games. I do work
I'm working on getting ready for a huge book launch when I return home. A second and third one are being planned, with the possibility of a fourth. I'm working on the first draft of the second Macy book. I've been doing book reviews....go back couple of blogs for those. I'm working with a friend and colleague who is starting up a publishing company. I am glued to the laptop most of every morning. I do take Sundays off. Girl has got to have some fun.
 I have not ventured off the island for at least a week. The beach is never crowded even when there are other people there. For the most part people are friendly but don't bother you. Someone saw a deer on the dunes behind where I was sitting on Saturday. By the time I could get up and look it was gone. Just my luck. I did finally get a photo of a flock of pelicans in flight, right over my head. :) I think they are amazing.
 Last winter by the end of March I was ready to head home. Most of the people in the little complex where I was staying were gone. I was the last to leave. It seemed lonely there and I felt it was time to go home. I'm not even close to ready to leave here. I don't know if I ever will be. I still have almost a month. There is something about the low country. I could stay here forever.
 I am 30 minutes from Charleston and 2.5 hours from Savannah. Between the two cities there is enough history, legend, and lore to keep even mediocre writers busy for a long time. I used to read historical romances and think gee, I could write this. Funny that I ended up writing mysteries instead. I'm sure there are historical mysteries. Hmm...
 I will not bore you any longer. I hear a book calling my name. Will it be the one I'm writing or the one I'm reading? Time will tell. TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

October Already

 I'm not sure where the time has flown. June was an exiting month. July was a mess. I had a change of medication which caused me to gain...