Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Dreams Do Come True

I have a young friend and former student who is amazing. She is 22yrs old and was born with spina bifida. She lives on her own and has had a dream for as long as I can remember. Her dream has been to meet her idol Reba McIntire. Jen has her own  blog and what she writes is sometimes heart wrenching. However, she writes from her heart and what she writes is true.

Jen had a chance to see Reba back stage when she was younger. She was so star struck that she was speechless. Having made it to adulthood, she'd like a chance to actually talk to her. I found Reba's twitter and sent her the link to Jen's blog.

Picture this. Today Jen was going through her e-mails and there was and e-mail from Reba. Reba has been reading her blogs and told Jen she was touched by them. She also told her to keep dreaming. Jen is on cloud 9. I doubt she will touch earthly ground for at least a week. Part of her dream has come true. She got an e-mail from Reba. It's not the same as talking to her, but I know that it meant the world to Jen.

Do you have a dream? I know I do. I figure when I stop dreaming the Lord has called me home. Have you done anything about achieving your dream? Jen has. She's written to Reba, follows her tweets and attends her concerts every time Reba comes to Michigan. For me the dream is my writing. I'm finally to the point where I am seeing some success. Am I still striving to be better? Yes.

So on that note, I am taking myself to bed to dream. If you are interested in Jen. you will find her at her blog.
Stop in and tell her I sent you.
www.dreamsofalostgirl.blogspot.com

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

October Already

 I'm not sure where the time has flown. June was an exiting month. July was a mess. I had a change of medication which caused me to gain...