Thursday, November 17, 2011

Big Things are in the Works

In addition to my next book being edited, I have many irons in the fire. I am looking at submitting Out of the Flames to a book contest. I am writing three short stories for a contest. One is done. One is almost done and I have an idea for the last one. I'm also working on the second book in the series. And you all wonder why my mind is in constant motion.

I have reserved my rooms in Cleveland for Bouchercon, the big mystery writers conference that is coming up in October, 2012. Yes, you have to book that far in advance. I am just about to send out my registration. I am really excited about this.

I am also looking into doing Seminars@Sea. That would be hosting a writing workshop on board a cruise ship. There is a lot to go into it and it takes a year of planning. I am starting now in the hopes of having at least one lined up for next year. You know I hate the cold. So, think exotic vacation, speak about something I love, possibly inspire someone to begin writing, and get paid for it. I'm so there. If you are interested in something like this please leave me a comment and a way to contact you so that I can keep you up-to-date on the progress. Also share this with your friends in case they might be interested.

Yes, I have big plans and I am working harder now than I did in all my years of teaching. I knew nothing about book marketing when I started writing. I believed that writers just wrote and publishers made all the magic happen. It's not like that at all. I have to work just as hard at marketing as I do writing. It's been a learning experience and I made mistakes starting out. I am getting to the point where I need roller skates to keep up with myself. NO don't buy me any. I like to keep myself a bit more grounded than that. My tennis shoes work just fine.

So, while you are curled up with a good book, I'm busy writing and marketing mine.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

October Already

 I'm not sure where the time has flown. June was an exiting month. July was a mess. I had a change of medication which caused me to gain...